The Cavern Club, Liverpool... gig of a lifetime!

Hello you wonderful people!

Well, i thought i would hop on here and let you know that i have just uploaded my performance video from the legendary Cavern Club onto my YouTube channel.

In August this year, i was given the once in a lifetime opportunity to perform at one of the most famous venues in the UK, and i can tell you, it was awesome! We drove up from London on the day of the gig which was exhausting. Arriving around 11am we parked up and headed up to the Cavern. Making our way down the (many) levels of steps into the belly of the venue I was instantly struck by the history of it all. Pictures, photos and instruments lined almost every wall. Tributes to some of the incredible acts that had performed there over the years. Looking more closely i found that there were literally thousands of names scribbled onto the brickwork including Christina Aguilera among others, which felt unreal. We headed through to the Live Lounge area and kicked straight into sound check.

Soon after, the curtain opened and the Cavern's visitors started to wander through to check out the entertainment. Along with a couple of the other artists performing under the Junior Star singer brand including Georgia Lois and Teide Bryce, we sung our hearts out. I performed tracks from my EPs including 'It's not over for me' and 'Back to Basics', a cover of Dua Lipa's 'I could be the one' and 2 acoustic tracks with my guitarist Fabio, my own song 'Livin' the Dream' and a cover of the Beatles incredible track 'Don't let me down'. It had to be included in the set when you're singing at the same venue they made famous!

To be standing on that same stage that so many huge and inspirational artists have performed was such a rush and i will never forget it. I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity and thank the Cavern Club for making us so welcome.

If you would like to check out the video of my performance then click the link to my YouTube channel in the menu! Then feel free to have a browse through my other videos while you're there ;)

I hope you enjoy what you hear and hope you check back to see what's happening in my little world of music!

Rachael Summers x

Comments

Popular Posts